Inviting contributions for new samples
This is a great opportunity for the Java EE developers to participate in glassfish-samples project and contribute to the development of samples to show case the new and latest Java EE features. In addition to earning recognition, the sample developers can significantly influence the Java EE 5 development community and its productivity as Java EE SDK is downloaded by millions of developers around the world. To start with we are looking for sample applications in the following areas and we are open to other relevant areas.
Sample Application AreasThese areas roughly correspond to new Java EE 5 features for the immediate requirement.
- Java Persistence API - access persistence layer using JSF, access persistence layer using web tier
- EJB 3.0 over-riding of annotations
- Web Services
Developing sample applications
- Understand the governance policy for information on roles and responsibilities
- All contributors must sign and return a Contributor Agreement
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed Java EE SDK or GlassFish
- Refer to Sample Applications Development Process for checking out samples workspace and developing sample application